Storage For Photographer
Where do you store your photos?
Many photographers use external hard drives and USB flash drive. But when these full, you have to buy another. And pretty soon you have your files spread out, which makes finding the file you need difficult. Also, when you need the file, you have to carry the storage around with you, and if you forget it at home, you’re out of luck.
The Solution? Network Attached Storage, from Synology.
What is Synology NAS?
Network attached Storage (NAS) is a stand-alone storage device consisting of one or more hard drives that is connected directly to your internet router, instead of your computer. Because your storage is connected to your router, you can always access your files over the internet, even from another location- much like a personal cloud. You can also share your files within your home or office, with user accounts and user privileges.
How will a NAS help me store my photography?
- Centralize Your Data with Scalable Storage
In the future you can add new hard drive or buy an expansion for more space
- Access Your Files Anytime, From Anywhere
Easy upload and download your files over the internet
- Sharing Photos with Clients
You can share your work in a professional manner. Photo Station will display your folders as albums, both password protected or public, and once you send them the link, you can chose to allow clients to download the images directly to their own computer, or lock the images so that they cannot be right clicked.
- Automatic Photo Protection
Your data is priceless. RAID system for data protection
Synology Photo Station 6
- Categorize albums intuitively
- Create tags by name, geographic location,
or descriptive words
- Support tags created via Windows Live
Photo Station - Timeline
- Timeline introduces a fun and convenient way of browsing through your photos
- Scroll the timeline bar, zoom in and out the time scale to browse your entire collection of photos
- Filter & display photos from people, location & tags
- The map below the Timeline displays where the photo was taken
- Facial recognition helps you to identify people labels automatically
Sync Photos onto Social Networks
DS Photo Mobile App